Research Excellence – The Continuing Story of 2020
Half-way through 2020, A2I2 has 11 papers accepted at top-tier international conferences in AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision: one in CVPR, two in ICML, two in ICLR, two in AAAI, two in AISTATS, and two in IJCAI.
Special congratulations go to Thao Le, Vuong Le, Truyen Tran, and Svetha Venkatesh for having an oral presentation at CVPR – ranked 1st in Computer Vision, and in the top 10 across all research fields (Google Scholar H5-index).
Below is the list of the accepted papers:
CVPR: IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
Acceptance rate: 22.1% (1,470 accepted papers from 6,656 submissions)
- Hierarchical Conditional Relation Networks for Video Question Answering by Thao Minh Le, Vuong Le, Svetha Venkatesh, and Truyen Tran (oral)
ICLR: International Conference on Learning Representations
Acceptance rate: 26.5% (687 accepted papers from 2,594 submissions)
- Theory and Evaluation Metrics for Learning Disentangled Representations by Kien Do, Truyen Tran
- Neural Stored-program Memory by Hung Le, Truyen Tran, and Svetha Venkatesh.
ICML: International Conference on Machine Learning
Acceptance rate: 21.8% (1,088 accepted papers from 4,990 submissions)
- DeepCoDA: personalized interpretability for compositional health by Thomas P. Quinn, Dang Nguyen, Santu Rana, Sunil Gupta, and Svetha Venkatesh
- Self-attentive associative memory by Hung Le, Truyen Tran, and Svetha Venkatesh
AAAI: AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Acceptance rate: 20.6% (1,591 accepted papers from 7,737 submissions)
- Bayesian Optimization for Categorical and Category-Specific Continuous Inputs by Dang Nguyen, Sunil Gupta, Santu Rana, Alistair Shilton, and Svetha Venkatesh
- Trading Convergence Rate with Computational Budget in High Dimensional Bayesian Optimization by Hung Tran-The, Sunil Gupta, Santu Rana, and Svetha Venkatesh
IJCAI: International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Acceptance rate: 12.6% (592 accepted papers from 4,717 submissions)
- Dynamic Language Binding in Relational Visual Reasoning by Thao Minh Le, Vuong Le, Svetha Venkatesh, and Truyen Tran.
- Randomised Gaussian Process Upper Confidence Bound for Bayesian Optimisation by Julian Berk, Sunil Gupta, Santu Rana, and Svetha Venkatesh.
AISTATS: International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics
We also had two papers accepted to the 23rd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS) conference. Since its inception in 1985, AISTATS has been an interdisciplinary gathering of researchers at the intersection of artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics, and related areas.
- Distributionally Robust Bayesian Quadrature Optimization by Thanh Tang Nguyen, Sunil Gupta, Huong Ha, Santu Rana, and Svetha Venkatesh.
- Accelerated Bayesian Optimization through Weight-Prior Tuning by Alistair Shilton, Sunil Gupta, Santu Rana, Pratibha Vellanki, Laurence Park, Cheng Li, Svetha Venkatesh, Thomas Dorin, Alessandra Sutti, David Rubin, Teo Slezak, Alireza Vahid, and Murray Height.
Well done to all the researchers involved!
Written by Trang Tran